If you’re not singing an Aretha Franklin song now then I haven’t done my job properly!
Legend that Aretha was, (RIP awesome lady) she is not the main focus for today.
I’ve had a lot of thinking time this week. Anyone who knows me will tell you I’m not a quiet person.. even prayer and sleep can have backing tracks! 😉 But this last week I’ve had a lot of quiet time on my own and a lot of things to think about…so it’s worked out rather nicely.
A few topics I’ve been thinking about (and I’m sure you’ll hear more of):
- Health (particularly teeth a d healthy eating when in need of quick student food)
- Actual work (my uni dissertation and the career I’m aiming for, as well as my current work)
- Settling in to new endings and beginnings
- Finance. Particularly the fact that we are making the Massive change from tax credits to universal credit! (That is a whole other blog post!)
- A million other ‘little’ things like seeing my besties, replacing the car, learning new things…
I won’t go on because you don’t want to climb too far into my brain, it’s a scary place!🤣
The point I’m trying to make is that head space is needed. For people like me, (are any of you this weird?) The rest and quiet things don’t come naturally. So getting in the car on a long drive or walking or staying up after everyone else for some quiet space to think, might just do you good too.
Caution: Please do not use this time to worry. There are positive, creative solutions to everything….even if you don’t know what they are yet. 😊