Having only started at the end of last year, I’m no expert. However, I’ve picked up a few tips along the way to help with planning, so here they are:
- Find inspiration. Watching YouTube videos gave me the idea for my first spread and helped me decide on the layout I wanted (I have vertical WO2P spreads).
- Research: check prices and styles of what you want in multiple places, some things are cheaper on Etsy, some on Amazon, Some on Ebay. (Or in an actual shop.)
- Think outside the box. Literally when decorating, but I actually meant when shopping. I picked up some great stuff in Toymaster and the Hospice Charity shop.
- Make your own: Use free printables or google images or even craft from scratch. Often it’s cheaper and it’s good fun!
- Buy a bit at a time. Etsy sellers often give freebies and discount codes so you can then get your next lot of decor cheaper or free.
- Get functional stickers. For my planner to still function as an organiser, getting bill stickers, checklists and work-related stickers were important to me….and I’ve used them most days since.
- Use Post-it notes! Great tip from a YouTuber, put things in provisionally so they can be changed without wrecking your spread.
I think that’s enough to be getting on with, I’m sure there’ll be a part 2 to this.
Have a great day!