This week coming (11th-17th June) is kind of a medical awareness week, so let’s go through each one and what to do about it.
1) It’s Cervical Screening Awareness Week. Getting a Smear test done isn’t the most pleasant thing in the world, but get it done and have a clear conscience and know you’re safe. (FYI try to book it in the first half of your cycle, especially if you’re trying for a baby.)
2) Diabetes Awareness Week: It really is something we need to be aware of. Whether it’s type 1 (born with) or Type 2 (develops) it can be helped by controlling the diet. It’s also useful to get first aid advice about what to do if a diabetic’s sugar levels are too high or too low, in case you ever need to help someone with that.
3) It’s Carers Week too. It’s an impossibly hard job. If you know a carer just be there for them. They’re individuals some may want to talk and get help, some don’t..just be there and do what you can.
4) 14th June is Cupcake Day (like we need an excuse!) It’s set up as a fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Society, but I’ve heard this year people are tying it in with the Blooming Great Tea Party for Marie Curie… If you’re making cupcakes for Thursday, why not make it a fundraiser for a good cause?
5) Lastly, it’s Aromatherapy Week. There are dozens of things you can use Aromatherapy for, from stress relief to pregnancy care, but get advice as some things are not safe to use during pregnancy or with certain medications/conditions. Generally though, it can be really beneficial for lots of conditions, so get some advice and have a go…it may be the very thing you need.
I think that’s all for now, catch you later Peeps!