Morning my lovely Peeps!
I’ve been wanting some cake (probably because I can’t have any chocolate for another 3 weeks).
So I thought I’d have a look for some new recipes to try and then share my findings with you. So here goes:
- If you’re not familiar with it already I have Sponge-cake 101 in my blog archive. It gives a universal sponge recipe which will make a large Victoria Sandwich, fairy cakes or even chocolate ones. So that’s a good place to start. 🙂
- I’m a huge fan of The Pioneer Woman and have seen her make this on TV, but I still haven’t got around to trying it: Tres Leches Cake looks yummy, is awesome for Mexican themed night and is an excuse to buy cherries for topping… I love cherries!
- Cooking Without Limits offers us a whole load of cake recipes, in fact, they have a Cake Day! (I like that idea!) Definitely worth exploring… 😉
- Orange Cake with Orange Glaze sounds like a pretty good plan to me! Thanks to What’s For Dinner Moms, this may be in my future very soon! 🙂
- I’ve seen people do mug cakes before (awesome for college baking) but I just found this amazing little blog called Tea and Tales who takes it to a whole other level!
So I think that’ll keep me going for a while!
Have a yummy day my friends.