I love when new things come along but, like everyone else, it takes me a while to adjust.
I’ve picked up extra tuition and been back with my previous pupils, helped at toddler group and am planning other things! (Did I mention the teenager is going to be a year older very soon!?) It just feels like this first week of term we’ve hit the ground running.
So to stay calm I’ve done the following:
- Allowed some convenience food. I try to cook from scratch as much as possible, but we had a Chinese takeaway one night and a pizza another night. I will get into a new routine but it hasn’t happened yet…and I can live with that. One takeaway isn’t gonna kill anyone.
- Tried not to do too much other stuff (sorry if you follow me on Instagram, I will catch up). No lunches out with friends or parent groups or anything that didn’t have to be done. People understand, we all have busy phases.
- Allowed some downtime. Sewing in front of the TV or scanning Pinterest for new ideas (that is relaxing for me, I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea).
- Tried to keep up my time with God. It’s easy to let prayer/worship/Bible study slip with busyness but I’m trying to keep focused on Him. I have let the reading slip on occasion but always make time to pray or have worship songs on. As well as being an act of worship, the music also calms the atmosphere.
- Tried to stay positive (which was really hard Wednesday night, even though I’d had a great day…I was exhausted and hungry…didn’t eat until 9pm) The fact is it has been a good week and, when reflecting on it, most of it worked out really well. So I keep reminding myself of that. 🙂
How was your week? What do you do to relax? I’d love to hear from you!