Happy Monday Peeps!
5 weeks to go!!! 🙂 🙂
I love a good Christmas film and there are dozens that get repeated year on year, ‘classics’ if you will (even though some of them are younger than my daughter, like Polar Express), there are hundreds on Hallmark or UK Channel 5, but there are a few that have dates that lend themselves to set watching days…so here’s my list of set viewing:
- Today is 5 weeks until Christmas, which is the first date shown in the Love Actually countdown (admittedly the countdown starts after the first scene, so you could watch it before now, like we did 😉 )
- Miracle on 34th Street (I only watch the Dickie Attenborough/Mara Wilson one, but your choice) begins with Thanksgiving so you can watch it THIS THURSDAY! 🙂
- Saturday 25th November is one month until Christmas, it is also Arthur Christmas day… it’s the day at the start of the film when little Gwen posts her letter to Santa, which if you ask me is ridiculously late. As a side note, we really love this film! Not least because it’s set in Cornwall and uses most of our family’s names in the cast! 🙂 We didn’t like the lack of reindeers, but if you read the end credits ‘what happened after’ you’ll see the reindeers get a job 🙂
- We then pick (at least) one per weekend in December, usually along the lines of Scrooged, White Christmas, It’s A Wonderful Life, Deck the Halls, Polar Express, Home Alone and The Grinch…at the bare minimum LOL 😉 When I was younger, my mum always used to have Santa Claus: The Movie on while we decorated. Pick the ones you enjoy and go for it!
- Christmas Eve, you could watch any number of Santa Claus films but our choice will always be A Muppet Christmas Carol because it’s my absolute favourite (I mean Dickens, the Muppets and Michael Caine, what’s not to love?!) but also it means we can sing along with Kermit’s “One More Sleep ‘Til Christmas”!! Such a beautiful sentiment, as is the Ghost of Christmas Present’s song “It Feels Like Christmas” (which is the one I sing when it’s not only one more sleep).
Let me know if I’ve missed your favourite or if you want to share your countdown traditions. x
So I hope that’s given you some ideas and proven that we really are in the final countdown!
Have a good one,