After a bit of a holiday pig-out so far, we’re wanting to start a new healthy eating plan: This recipe is from a book called ‘You Are What You Eat’ (there are several of these books, we have the green 2008 edition). So from next week we have recipes like this to look forward to:
Baked Mango Chicken
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 1 Small Mango
- 1 Shallot (or half a Red Onion), chopped
- 1 tsp mild Curry Powder or Paste
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 small Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil for cooking
- Place Mango, Shallot/Onion, Curry and water in blender and blitz it into a smooth paste.
- Brush or spray a little oil in a frying pan and lightly brown the chicken on both sides.
- Put Chicken in oven-proof dish and cover with the Mango paste, bake in middle of oven at 180C/GM4 for 20-25 mins.
- Serve with green leafy salad and low-fat raita.
Can’t wait to cook this one!
Have a great weekend